Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge day 18

A recipe you love:

Easy.
No question about it.
Nonna's meatballs are my favourite.

Each time I make them they turn out a little different, these are true Italian meatballs, hubby's nonna was born and raised in Italy. The recipe when I got it looked like this:

Ground pork
Ground beef
Ground veal
Parmesan
Bread crumbs
Salt
Eggs

Then the handwriting underneath it said "how much you need"

So... I am far from being a cook, I burn everything and anything, but I have mastered this recipe and they turn out amazing. Nonna's always taste the best tho, I think she held something back from us ;)

In order to make mine I had to get some tips and measurements from a few other family members. I was told 3 eggs per pound of meat, but I've found I start with two and add "as much as I need" lol also the meat, you want majority pork, the ratio is up to you depending on your tastes.

The real secret to the way these turn out is the sauce but that's another recipe:)

2 comments:

Maria said...

you are so sweet to share such a special recipe! YUM! i used to not eat red meat at all...now, it is big on my menu :) they sound wonderful! will have to try them sometime...of course, steve would do a MUCH better job at making them than me!
xoxox
maria <3

V said...

It's the only actual recipe I know lol and I figure with the way it was given to me I can share because as I said in the post they never turn out quite the same ;)
In order to get it just right you would need to taste nonna's own meatballs so you have something to compare too ;)