Saturday, June 30, 2012

4 Months

MV turned FOUR months old on the 26th. FOUR months! He's growing so fast it makes me sad yet happy and excited at the same time.

We postponed his shots and check up until July 16th, I decided I wanted to space them out a little bit. No real reason behind it, I just bumped it back. Which means I will bump again at six months to ensure proper amount of time between boosters.

But anyways onto the stats and pictures from the last month :)

Weight
15 pounds. Not that much of a gain this month, I hope that's ok when we see the doctor. We had a checkup for his ears a couple weeks ago and they weighed him that day at 14.8, scales can be a little different so we'll see.

Length
25 inches, no change there. *** I noticed I put 45 inches in the three month post! Typo! I will go back and change it when I'm on the computer next lol

Hair and Eyes
No changes with his eyes currently light blue with a dark ring; hair is still up for debate if you look at him face on he is blonde, but if you look at him from behind his hair is fairly dark. So depends who you ask lol.

Clothing size
I've packed up a few more things but we haven't gone up in size since last month. Shorts are 3 months (tiny waist), pants and shirts are 0-3 months, full sleepers with feet are six months.

Diapers
Still in size 2's, we did try out the size 3's but they were a little too lose. What we need is an in-between size, something to accommodate giant thighs and a slender waist lol.

Sleep
We've had a couple nights where we get 6 and 8 hours sleep :) but most nights MV is still waking twice a night looking for a snack. I've noticed these night feeds getting shorter so when I get the courage I will try to cut them out, if it was just me I would do it already but hubby needs sleep for work and there will be crying involved I'm sure.

Eating
We are now stretching to three hours between feeds, there is still the occasional two hour stretches but usually I can distract him and hold him off. I feel like this might be helping our night stretches, I hope to stretch to 3 1/2- 4 hours by the end of July.
Bottle strike is still on.

New Developments

We have a visible tooth that just won't break all the way through :( this teething bit really stretches on forever!

Still lots of "talking" to anyone who will listen and respond. If you don't say your share his tone turns frustrated lol it's pretty cute.

He loves story time. We read two books every morning, MV stares at the pictures and chats away :)

He holds onto anything he can like it's his job. Death grip. lol

MV has discovered his tongue, he plays with it all the time, sticking it out and trying to lick things.

Everything is going in his mouth lately.

He is becoming mobile, we haven't had anymore rolls this past month but MV will push off of surfaces (floor, change pad, people, toys etc), this allows him to push himself across the floor of in a circle. I've found him in different spots, and turned around anywhere between 180-360 degrees.

We had a couple laughs in the past couple weeks, it's difficult to make him laugh but when he does it is hilarious. I can't wait for them to be full fledged.

He is very into toys finally, he would stare at them before but now he will sit for extended periods of time holding and chewing them. He loves the exersaucer and is figuring out that when he touches certain ones they make noise.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything, I'm so bad at keeping track of time!

And now time for pictures. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute!!

KC said...

He is so cute, love the picture where he is in the monkey sweater and the one that he is reading his book!

Maria said...

yeeee, the photo of him with his tongue sticking out and the one of him reading the book - so so sweet! i love that you take a million photos of him. and you dress him so stinkin' cute! he's a little stud muffin!
your posts made my day! :)
xoxoxo
maria