Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weekend & a baptism

Less than a hour and it will be Monday and the weekend is over. That is I suppose if weekends and weekdays make any difference to you ;) myself not so much.

And now hubby not so much either (boo). There is a shortage of work right now and the company he has been a steady for is in between jobs. Which sucks majorly because now hubby has to collect EI while waiting for the next job and that cuts his income in half. Since hubby is part of the local union he can't just go apply for another job he has to wait and when there is work available he gets called. We have been lucky so far and with the exception of school he's only been laid off two or three times in the past 7 years. So that's how our weekend started.

Saturday was MV's baptism, it was a nice short ceremony at the church where we were married. Hubby and I are both catholic, we do not attend church every week but we do plan on raising our children catholic. If they decide to grow up and change religion or say forget it all together well ok that's their choice, I'm not going to be pushy.

MV was sooo good during the ceremony, he actually was quite happy being the center of attention and seemed to be enjoying himself. Afterwards we had our families (those that could attend) over for a BBQ lunch and cake. I'm not a huge fan of hosting things, it's really alot of work and pressure. But everything went really well.

Today we spent the afternoon swimming at hubby's aunt and uncles house. Sundays are so much more relaxing for me when I don't have to cook lol and of course spending the time with family is nice too :)

I took a break from the blog challenge again this weekend. I need a but of a break every now and then, I'm not crazy about all the prompt topics so forcing myself to continuously write is just more likely to make me quit altogether. But not that I need to explain myself lol

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I need to catch up in my blog reading but it's getting late so it may have to wait until breakfast ;)

Hubby and I decided we weren't posting baptism picks online with the exception of a couple head shots if MV, the rest we are keeping just for us. Here is a little sneak peak of the cutie patootie in his little get up <3

3 comments:

Unknown said...

cute, cute, cute!!

Maria said...

omygoodness, mv is a sweetheart in his "little get up!" haha - i say get up" all the time!!
i am keeping positive thoughts for s and his work!!
i've been thinking about you and am happy to be catching up after a busy weekend.
i hope you're having a wonderful day. <3
xoxox
maria

V said...

LOL when I wrote "get up" I almost earased it to write something else but it just seemed right?! :) lol it really sounds funny saying it out loud tho