Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge day 46

Favourite room in your house:

I can't show you a picture, but my favourite room is the spare bedroom/"my" room.

When we moved in we decided hubby could make the garage and basement his space and I could have one of the spare rooms. At the time I was pregnant so we determined the smaller of the two spares would be the nursery and I claimed the larger.

Both spare rooms are at the front of the house so they get the morning sun and stay very well lit throughout the whole day.
I love how much light comes into "my" room, I love just sitting in there with a book, or doing some sort of craft. It's mine. All mine.
I can't wait to paint it, I am still deciding on colour, and right now I am looking for a small white desk and more storage options. Since it doubles as a guest room I like to be able to tuck my things away.

So the reason I can't share a visual right now? It's because that room is a disaster right now, I moved the furniture, and put everything on the bed. There's piles of things everywhere as I'm struggling to sort it all out.

I need a babysitter for MV for just one day so I can get it done, but currently there is noone else capable of feeding and putting him to sleep.

My goal is to have it organized how I want by the end of the summer. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Maria said...

our bedroom looks like a bomb hit it at the moment. lol. i'm with ya!! it is so nice to have a room to go for peace...one that you can just soak up some quiet all by yourself in. <3