Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge day 53

How to beat the summer heat:

This summer has been crazy hot so far. I remember the days of longing for summer to come so I can lay out in the sun relaxing and tanning, such carefree days. Not anymore.

MV loves being outside, and I've noticed on days we don't go out he tends to get a bit more irritable and almost "bored" with me. So in the mornings usually before 10am we spend time outside. At that time our backyard is heavily shaded by the house and there usually is a cool breeze, the temperature can be so drastically different from the front yard in the direct sun.

If we do go outside mid day it will involve water in some way, either our kiddie pool or swimming at hubby's aunts house. We have been doing pool days at least once a week its so refreshing.

We are lucky to have central air in our place, I really don't know how we would survive without it, especially MV the poor kid is a furnace just like his father! I feel bad staying inside but sometimes we just need to.

Dinners consist of BBQ everything, cooking inside is just crazy.

Sometimes we will go to the mall or other public places that have air conditioning. Anything to stay cool and keep me from going house crazy :)

As MV gets older I'm sure I will have to get a little more creative, there is a splash pad and a water slide and play area at the local pool. Going to the beach will be fun as well, I haven't tried it yet this year I'm a little nervous about how MV will enjoy it.

Oh and lots and lots of ice cream and freezies and popsicles are a must!

I hope everyone has been keeping cool!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My daughter is just like MV when it comes to being outside. She freakin loves it and gets very hard to handle if she doesn't get out on a daily basis. My son however doesn't like to be outside so far. If he gets the tiniest bit hot, he starts to cry and cry. So usually her outside time happens when he is napping (11-12ish), you know the hottest time of the day!! So we play in the sprinkler. :)

V said...

I really don't mind at all that he loves outdoors :) I spent most of my childhood outside so I hope he is the same.

At least you guys can stay cool in the sprinkler! And hopefully soon enough your little guy will enjoy it too :)

Maria said...

it's so sweet that he loves the outdoors so much already!!
i feel ya on the central air. we are always cranking ours. up...maybe a little too high.
i bet he will love the beach - he would make one adorable beach baby. :)
i'm glad you're staying cool and having fun. <3
been thinking about you!
xoxox
maria