Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge day 59

How does your life measure against the vision you had growing up:

When I first saw this prompt I thought "perfect, easy and thoughtful at the same time". Thoughtful is right lol Im sitting here trying to remembered what I thought my life would be like, but I don't think I ever fully planned it out. Here is what I do know:

I thought I would be done having children well before I came close to thirty.
Reality I'm 28 and just getting started, I don't plan on even getting pregnant again until I'm at least 29 if not 30.

I thought I would marry someone I had known my whole life (grew up in a very small town) and live in said town forever.
Reality I left town asap and hardly ever even miss it, and I married my amazing husband who grew up in a town 5-6 hours away.

I thought life would be easy, and I would somehow be rich.
Reality we have had struggle after struggle, bad luck like no person should ever be dealt. Every time we start to get ahead we are knocked right back down. But life isn't fair, and life isn't easy so we keep on going and make the best of it and enjoy it the best we can.

Life may not be exactly what I had visioned but my vision was not totally lost. I am married to a man I love, I am a mother to an adorable little boy, I have a career and friends and family that love me as much as I love them.

I think I did alright.

;)

1 comment:

Maria said...

yes you did do alright. :)
gosh, i loved this post.
i always thought i would be finished having a family by 30. HA!! and here i am, just 7 wks away from 30. but it is wonderful and i am not angry. it's funny how life changes your perspective.
<3<3<3
maria