Monday, July 30, 2012

Misc Mondays

I haven't done a post like this is a while!
I feel like since I've been mia for a few days a recap is in order:

* I have not given up on the blog challenge, but the past few prompts really have not inspired me to write, instead I just decided I needed a breather. It's a bit tiring to go from a casual,blogger to forcing yourself to post daily, sometimes even more than once daily. There are some prompts coming up I'm interested in so I will stick it out for August.

* next weekend we have the big bocce tournament and family reunion for hubby's family. I'm not as excited as I usually am, I think I'm more anxious about how MV will do and what the weather will be like etc. It's two full days of being outside, and usually I would be drinking large amounts of alcohol but not this year. If I'm able to then I hope to have a drink or two but that's going to depend on MV's mood.

* MV turned 5 months old this past Thursday! I have been working on putting together his monthly stats so hope to have that posted soon. I also really need to get caught up on his baby book and journal before I start to forget everything.

* we are still working on the bed transition, by 3am MV is back in my bed. It's all convience (well maybe I'm a suck too).

* hubby is still unemployed. It definitely sucks major tush but it is a little nice that he's able to spend the time with me and MV. I give it another week before I'm ready to strangle him lol I enjoy my time when he's at work and of course now he's always around.

* I have come up with a couple ideas to make some extra money, nothing to pay the bills with except maybe my cell phone, mostly just spending money for me. More to come on that later.

* I'm ready to start exercising. These last 30lbs are still not going anywhere, I did go down two but they crept right back. So I bought a jogging stroller second hand and have been looking for quick non intimidating exercise routines. I'm a little nervous about my supply tho, I've read exercise can sometimes interfere but can't find much to give me definite answers.

* my mother recently found out she will "most likely" lose her hearing in an unspecified time period. She already has lost the ability to hear from her left ear, and now she is having problems with her right. She has hoped it could be corrected but it turns out not. She will be getting a hearing aid soon to assist her until it is completely gone. I still feel like that news is not real.

* we are all about the Olympics right now. I think I prefer the summer games over the winter, they are just more enjoyable to watch. Even MV likes to watch! Oh and I decided MV will be an Olympic swimmer when older nbd ;) lol

* Hubby's birthday is coming up in August, I've started searching pinterest for some ideas, and we may have a surprise BBQ with a few friends.

* After this weekend I will have to get into full on baby shower preparation and gift making mode. I have a ton of ideas for homemade gifts, and will be helping hubby's cousin Lyns plan a baby shower for her sister in law.

* I had planned on doing today's challenge prompt but realized I'm not prepared, I had my days mixed up so I will try to post it tomorrow.


Hope everyone had a good weekend ! :)

I'll leave you with this cute picture from today of MV and his auntie Mag playing with his new drums :)



1 comment:

Maria said...

your mom with be in my prayers, v! <3
happy five months to mv! i seriously am in love with all the pics you post on instagram!!
a jogging stroller sounds awesome. my mom and i were just talking about them today. i am not the most coordinated person. we were laughing at the thought of me running with my poor baby scared for their life. ;)
i hope that you have a wonderful time at the bocce tournament. <3
happy august!!
xoxox
maria