Monday, November 26, 2012

Projectile ...

Vomit.

Disgusting and horrifying vomit.

I think MV may be allergic to bananas. There have been two occasions where hours after eating bananas he violently projectile vomits. I have been with him whenever it's happened which is good because he was laying on his back and after shooting straight up it comes back and chokes him.
It's terrifying.

It's been a few months since he's had banana so today I gave him a few pieces of my banana bread, not much just a little for taste. I thought we were in the clear but once again it happened. Again I was with him (I was rocking him to sleep and was covered eww), this time he clearly was chocking on it as it was coming up and was struggling to breath. I honestly thought I was going to have to call for help, luckily he spewed what looked like bucket loads and regained his composure after having a good little cry (which broke my heart he was so upset). 15 minutes afterwards he was playing with his toys but still looking a little green in the face, by the time 30 minutes had passed he was laughing and completely normal.
Me not so much.

I have never felt so helpless, I couldn't do anything in that moment to help and of course like any crisis it's all slow motion so plenty of time for panic.

It must be the banana, but what I don't understand is why is it do delayed. It happens 6-8 hours later each time. Aside from the banana bread he did try mango today so that will no be put aside for a while. No new foods here for the rest of the week I guess, and I should probably call my doctor.

I'm still nervous, nervous he will be sick in his crib tonight and I won't be there. So I'm considering sleeping on his floor, hubby does not want him in our bed anymore and I don't think I can leave him alone.

Whatever this is I really hope he outgrows it, I know firsthand how much a food allergy sucks and I really don't want that for MV :(

Oh ya and as of today he is now 9 months! I will post his update tomorrow, hopefully it will be a less eventful day.

Happy Monday everyone

2 comments:

Unknown said...

poor MV and mommy!!! A baby choking is the worst thing ever! I hope you get some answers. And 9 months old?! sigh....these babies are growing up too fast.

Maria said...

aww, v, gosh, i'm so so sorry!! that is so scary! i wish neither of you had to go through that. BIG HUGS <3
and ahhh, 9 months!! :)
looking forward to your update.

xoxox
maria