Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Lefty?

I'm not sure at what age babies/children show hand dominance but I've been thinking for a while that MV might be a lefty.

We're sitting here enjoying some post dinner Cheerios and he's eaten all but one with his left hand. Now that he's doing finger foods I'm noticing more and more how frequent he uses his left. When he does use his right he is not nearly a coordinated.

Hubby and I are both right handed so we shall see :)

Oh and on a side note yesterday MV figured out how to master the 90 degree turn in our stair case and climbed all the way to the top!

I'm seriously in trouble now

4 comments:

Maria said...

Awww, a lefty!! That's neat! My mom's one.
Ohhhh boy, 90 degree turns and mega stair climbing!! :) He's going to be a super athlete!!
I hope you're having a wonderful week!! Lots of love! Xoxox
Maria

Britt said...

We thought for the longest time that Abi would be left handed. Her left hand was the first one she noticed, and she was always staring at it, turning it back and forth etc. But now she's more ambi, so I have no idea! I think that hand dominance comes at like 2 or 3 or maybe later.. but who knows, MV could be a head of the curve! LOL Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

V said...

A few of my cousins and my grandfather are all lefty's so we will see :) I'm fairly ambidextrous myself but I think it's from all the time spent with my grandfather growing up, lol every time he taught me something (ie how to cut my meat) he showed me his way so I do a lot of things "backwards"

I love your newest instagram picture <3 have a wonderful thanksgiving! oxo

V said...

I remember hearing that when they are first discovering their hands it's common to favor the left, we have a good number of lefty's in the family so I'm curious to see if he ends up being one :) If it's age 2 or 3 I think it's a little too early to be ahead of the curve lol time will only tell tho!

Hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving :)