Tuesday, October 2, 2012

9 years and counting

9 years ago today I took a chance.
I had a few drinks for courage, put on my best bra and a low cut top, and knocked on his dorm room door.
I was a girl on a mission, my mission was to make him mine. I had never felt such a pull towards anyone else before. He drew me in like a magnet.
I don't know what came over me but that night I behaved in a way I never had before. I have no regrets.


We played it cool the first couple weeks. "no labels" we said, "no commitment" we agreed. I think we were both afraid of scaring the other off. After two weeks of being inseparable we finally admitted what our friends knew all along; we were a couple.

We fell in love fast and hard. Crazy I can't live without you kind of love. Over the years that love has grown, changed and become more mature, more real.

We've had a lot of good times, created amazing memories.
We grew together. Teenagers when we met, became adults together.
We fought. Passionately.
We stuck it out together during tough times, leaned on each other.

We are not the same people as when we met.
We have less in common now, but even with the differences our love has grown.

Two years ago today I married him.

So many things went wrong that day, but none of it mattered. That feeling I had the first time I saw him was back and stronger than ever.


It's hard work sometimes; our life isn't perfect. Sometimes it doesn't seem fair.
But I love him, and he loves me. Even when we may not deserve it, and especially when we need it the most.


This past seven months I've fallen in love with him all over again. A new love, as I've watched him become a father.


I wonder how many times you can fall in love with one person...

3 comments:

Maria said...

happy anniversary to you and the mr! omygosh, this was beautiful and made me cry!
i loved all the photos...from the very first one to that last - how much meaning those two photos carry. i love that you put on your best bra...awesome. :)
you have a great and lasting love.
xoxox
maria
wishing you many, many more years of joy.

Unknown said...

this is a beautiful post!! I think you can continually fall in love with someone. I fell even more in love with my husband when Kameron was born, and even more when Landon was born. It is truly amazing.

I loved all of your pictures!!

Britt said...

Happy anniversary! What a wonderful love story you two have!