Monday, October 29, 2012

Mama?

I heard it.
I swear on anything of any value I heard it.

I normally don't get too excited about any of the syllables MV has been practicing but just now I swear he said Mama. And not his usually ma sound he makes. Just straight up mama.

And he's knew it.
It's 5am I'm trying to coax him back to sleep and in the middle of changing his 10lb urine filled diaper he said "mama". I stopped everything and repeated it back to him and with a giant grin he said it again.
And then three more times!

Maybe I'm just dreaming? The kid just turned 8 months Friday (post to come today), he can't possible be saying mama this early.. Can he?
Thankfully he's falling back asleep now but I really just wanted to keep him awake and talking lol

Alright excitements over. I had to tell someone and here seemed best just in case I'm losing my mind I know you guys won't judge me ;)

2 comments:

Maria said...

awww, v!! that is so amazing - all of these milestones mv is reaching...i bet it was so wonderfully emotional to hear him say "mama" and repeat it! :*)
i hope you got to go back to bed and catch a few more z's!!
happy 8 months to your handsome little guy! looking forward to reading the update. <3
hope you're have a comfy, cozy day.
xoxox
maria

V said...

He has said it a few more times now today :) even hubby heard it. Hearing it this am def made me feel better about being awake lol