Friday, December 30, 2011

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

I know I'm a little late on the Christmas wishes but I hope everyone had a good
holiday!
Things have been busy as usual around here so I thought I had better do a little recap. I was hoping to have some pictures to share with you but my mother in law has not sent them to me yet... So let's go in order here:

* December 18th I had my diabetes test. I drank up my semi orange flavor drink and had blood work an hour after. I have not heard anything back at this point, so I'm assuming this is good but I will know for sure next week.

* As I arrived at the hospital on the 18th (that where the testing is) I discovered that Hubby's cousin had been admitted and her induction had started! I spent some time visiting with her while there and kept in touch thru out the week, and Thursday December 22nd at 9:30pm she had given birth. :) Baby A aka Nathan weighed in at 5lb9oz a good size for an early twin! His little brother was named Luke, and his parents and grandparents got to hold and love him a bit as well. Ugh heartbreaking, but Nathan is doing well and hopefully will get to go home soon.

* Christmas eve was spent over at Hubby's aunts house. Some food, and a fun gift exchange as is tradition. Christmas morning we got up early and drove to my moms about 45 minutes away for brunch and gifts. After that we drove to Ottawa to see my Aunts, Uncles and grandparents for Christmas dinner. Such a busy day after dinner we drove back home thru a mini snowstorm which made a long drive even longer.

* Boxing day is traditionally spent with Hubby's family. His aunts and uncles take turns hosting, this year we drove to Toronto area for more good food and another gift exchange. That night we got in the car again and headed off to spend a few days with Hubby's parents.

* While away our dog ate something (possibly pleural) and we ended up in the emergency vet clinic... I thought we were gonna lose her it was awful. After an xray and some nausea and pain meds she was given the all clear. It has taken her a few days to be back to normal, were about 95%, only thing holding us back from 100 is she has not pooped in over 24 hours... Hopefully this is resolved by tomorrow, she has been on a restricted diet until today so not stressing yet. I don't know about you but emergency vet clinics here are ridiculously expensive, our first experience at one cost us 1200$, the clinic near Hubby's hometown was cheaper and we paid less than 500$. Still a lot but not as bad.2012 is days away! I can hardly believe it.

Since this is long I will touch base again Monday :)Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!

1 comment:

Maria said...

happy new year to you, hubby and baby!!!
i hope that you have a wonderful, relaxing night and 2012 starts off beautifully!
so happy to hear your dog is okay. that had to have been scary! congratulations to your cousin. so sweet that luke was able to be loved for a while too.

i can't wait to follow your journey into the new year! great things are ahead! <3
lots of love, v!
xoxoxo
maria