Thursday, December 15, 2011

Room Swap - Part 1

Whoa has it seriously been over a week already since I wrote last?
Ive been busy. Very busy in fact. 
I probably have been busy enough to post once a day for the next few days, 
no promises tho ;) 

The living room / dinning room swap phase 1 is complete! 
I am soo happy and excited it is done :) 
I just feel like the flow in here is so much better.
It is slightly awkward to have the dinning room so far from the kitchen,
but not enough to make me switch it back. 
Our old set up consisted of walking in the front door and having a very small,
very square and confined living room right upon entry.
It felt cramped, slightly claustrophobic.  
And the thought of having more stuff (baby items) cramped into that space in a few months really was starting to make me twitch lol

We also put our tree and decorations up last 
week, we still don't have alot to decorate with since we were in such 
a small space the last few years. But I did inherited some decorations from Hubby's Aunt as she was switching  things up at her place. Score! I won't have to buy anything else 
until the holidays are over and hopefully get it all on clearance.

Another task which has been started is moving our desktop computer from the basement
living space (which we never use) upstairs to our new living space. 
I still want a corner desk so it can be nice and 
tidy and not take up so much room but its a start.

And so I will leave you with a few before and after pictures of phase 1 of the room swap. I still have things I need to do before the rooms are finished. 

The old dinning room aka new living room
The old dinning room aka new living room


New dinning room

New dinning room

Old living room aka new dinning room
Old living room aka New dinning room
New living room - still narrow but feels more spacious

New living room aka old dinning room

1 comment:

Maria said...

looking good!!! i love the switch and the way you arranged the furniture. i spot a pretty christmas tree. a cute pup. and A KITTY!!! :)
can't wait to see and read more!
have a wonderful sunday <3
hope you and baby are feeling well!
xoxo
maria