Monday, December 19, 2011

2nd Trimester Recap

I have at least 5 different blog topics in my head right now but I think I should do a quick recap before I get too far ahead of myself!

I am in my third trimester :)
Currently 28w1d

weight gain so far:
Yikes! a whopping 32lbs!!! I am trying not to stress about that number. My OB didn't seem the least bit concerned, I even pointed it out and her response was that I don't appear to have gained so much, so no big deal. Since I am not a total fatty, just belly and thighs I guess its fine.

stretch marks?:
Nothing on my belly so far! I'm shocked since its stretched so much. I have 1 tiny one on my right hip, and a couple on each thigh, but none of them are really that noticeable.

cravings?:
I love gravy. I'm not "craving" it per say... but if gravy is an option I'm for sure taking it.

movement?:
Pretty much all the time now, this little man is a total wiggle worm. He doesn't kick and punch too much, or too hard but I often feel body parts sliding under my skin. Its kinda cool and alien like at the same time lol

gender?:
Boy! we had this reconfirmed a few weeks ago when I was in for stress testing (we got in a little fender bender I didn't tell you about). Everything looked good on the tests as I suspected and I had them take a peek during the ultrasound to re confirm.

sleep?:
I'm sleeping... just not a lot. Between having to get up every few hours to pee, and reposition in the hours in between its more like napping than sleeping through the night. I like to nap whenever possible in the day which lately is not too much :(

 mood?:
Generally I am happy go lucky... I have always been "crabby" when tired.. I think this has escalated lol. If I'm tired then I may be a little short tempered and lacking patience but I've managed to keep it under control and only had a small handful of days where I may or may not have been not so nice to someone. 

swelling?:
 I haven't been wearing my rings probably since October sometime, my hands will swell up unpredictably and it only took that happening once or twice before I just gave up on the rings. My ankles and feet are swollen on a daily basis it doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing.

 other mentionable points?: 
- I am most definitely nesting. So far its been all about organization, I'm sure hubby wishes it was cleaning ;)
- I'm doing my diabetes screening tomorrow, fingers crossed I pass! I have this feeling I won't
- despite my desire to be organized I feel like I have ADD and my mental state is slipping, I need to write everything down and hope I don't lose the list or I'm screwed. Total baby brain. 
I'm sure there is more worth mentioning but I've forgotten ;)


 

1 comment:

Maria said...

THIS IS SO NEAT!! i love how you created a collage of every week! omygoodness...you are adorable!! i love that you wear tight fitting clothing too! it looks so cute! and you certainly pull it off. you're all belly! <3
thanks so much for sharing! this made me smile :)
congratulations on the third trimester! so amazing! i remember when we first "met."
lots and lots of love, v!
xoxoxo
maria <3