Monday, December 5, 2011

I'm having a moment

This morning started as any other day off; I rolled myself out of bed at 6:30am and climbed into the passenger seat of our car as Hubby drove himself to work. I need the car today for errands so sleeping in was not an option.

It's raining again, which sucks. I dislike rain in December, it's cold it's wet, it should just be snow. My morning task is to get my holiday decorating done, so a quick stop thru the mcdonalds drive thru for breakfast and I head back home.... Only to find myself snuggled back in bed.

So thats where I've been for the past 2 hours, cozy in bed. Browsing my usual Internet sites, playing a couple apps on my iPad and spending some time really thinking about the little human inside me who has been jabbing my belly most of this said time.

We are at the point now where I really can feel him. I have a sense of wether those jabs are kicks or punches, I'm aware of him flipping back and forth between head down and breech, and I had a moment where I realized I am not so weirded out by this in fact I am amazed.

I've been feeling him move for the last 8 weeks but he's getting bigger, and stronger, and developing a bit of a routine.

There is human inside me.

I always felt like this was going to be gross and weird so I tried not too think too much about the actual logistics of it all. But this morning I am feeling nothing but love and fascination by it all. Don't get me wrong I've loved him all along, but somehow this feeling is different. Time is flying by, I'm about to enter my third trimester, in less than 100 days it will be my due date and we will be meeting our son.

I'm going to be a mother.

Responsible for keeping another human being alive.

There will be sleepless nights and early mornings, lots of laughter and tears, noisy annoying toys, sports games to attend, sleep overs and parties to host, Santa, the Easter bunny and tooth fairy will all make their return to our home, and lots of memories to make.

I'm ready. The reality of it all has set in, I've made the switch of "I'm pregnant" mentality to "I'm going to be a mom".

2 comments:

Maria said...

AWWWW :*) V!!
i love this post. LOVE it.
i remember our chats many, many months ago and to see you here now is just so wonderful! you ARE going to be a mother. And you're going to be an amazing one.
your little baby is so precious. those pictures are unreal and so detailed.
take it all in <3

i'm thinking about you!! <3
xoxox
maria

♥ Cass & Shane said...

Love this post. Yes you are going to be a mummy and im so excited for you! love the pics as well and thanks for sharing!!

Oh ive given you a little award on my blog! :)