Friday, December 23, 2011

Nursery ideas

The one thing harder than finding a baby name is probably deciding on the nursery.

We had a plan and it was awesome, but a recent turn of events is causing that to change. Our car needs something expensive (I'm not a car person so don't know what), and hubby's cousin had offered us one of her cribs... We weren't going to take it cause it's more natural wood colour and we were set on cherry wood but now with the expense of the car it sounds like we may need too.

I'm having a hard time finding inspiration pictures online with that colour of wood, especially ones I like... I don't want a nursery that too babyish, I'm not sure how long were living here but it needs to be something that will last him at least 2 years. Also I'm trying to avoid too much of a theme, particularly personality themes i.e. sports, fish, animals etc.

Am I sounding difficult? lol

Hubby is not able to visualize either so pics need to have some similarity to what were working with, similar carpet colour etc.

So our carpet is a beige/off white, the window trim and doors are white, crib is "natural" not sure what it's really called.

This is what I've come up with so far. I'm thinking a combination of these 3 pics
- I like the idea of grey walls with green and blue/teal accents exact shades undecided.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it!!! The gray is really beautiful but neutral so it can transition to an older child's room.

Rachel said...

That looks beautiful!

I would say I read in my Baby Bargains book that you should not use hand me down cribs for safety reason, but just because of recalls but over time if the crib is moved here and there it isn't as sturdy.

My husband had found us a Cherry wood Graco crib on Amazon for just over $100 and it looked perfect. Check out Amazon. I don't know if you have an IKEA near you but if so check out the dressers they have as you can find something nice and inexpensive that you can use as a changing table and later use it for a dresser.

Good luck! Decorating the nursery is so much fun!!

Maria said...

i'm obsessed with grey and teal!!! i love your inspiration photos! i know you will create a beautiful nursery! aren't those decals the best? i think it is amazing what they can do for a room! i already have so many saved. the big decals, i'm sure are "fun" to put on...but they look awesome!!
can't wait to see more photos!!
<3
i hope you had a very merry christmas!!
XOXOXOXO
maria