Thursday, December 1, 2011

Makin a list...

Checking it twice,
Gonna get rid of all this junk!

Ok so maybe that line didn't quite fit in with the song but oh well ;)

Do you remember me saying i was going to get rid of 100 things by the end of November? Well it's December 1st folks! Times up!

I will admit these things are technically in my home currently but only because I didn't expect to be too busy with work to drop it all off. But by Monday morning at the latest it will be gone, it's just sitting in nice piles all boxed and bagged up ready to go.

My piles include 148 things! Yahoo! I'm impressed but honestly feel like more needs to go. I'm hoping once the next project is under way I will feel like what's left is more organized and has purpose.

So here is a run down of my list. I've sold some things, donated some to a women's shelter, and dropped the rest off at a Value village (second hand store).

Value village pile:
Stuffed dog
Photo album
2 packs of unopened pantyhose
Furniture cleaner
Portable phone
3 CDs
Cell phone
19 clear picture frames
2 bracelets
2 vases
Hair accessories
3 belts
4 necklaces
Nursing medication cards
3 glass frames
3 books
Key chain frame
2 video games
Wedding candle holder
19" tv
2 wall decals
Unopened hand sanitizers
Glasses case
Compact mirror
2 decorative pictures
3 backpacks
5 men's shirts
Baby brag book

Shelter pile:
Scarf
Comforter
5 towels
4 hand towels
13 baby clothes
6 maternity pants
18 women's shirts
4 women's pants
Pillow case
Purse
Bra
3 panty hose
6 pairs of socks
Archie comic
Chicken soup book

Sold:
Nintendo DS
5 DS games
6 paper lanterns
Bag of decorative crystals
Drafting board
Cell phone

Throw away:
Old agenda
Broken iPod

So that's my list! Not bad :) I'm sure as I reorganize rooms I will come across more to get rid of but I am very happy with my start.

Does this count as nesting? lol Sort of a nesting, end of year clean out.

Next job phase 1 of the room swap!

1 comment:

Maria said...

woahh!! almost 150 things! that's awesome! I bet it feels so good.
i love de-cluttering. it's such therapy.
and what a perfect time of year to donate. great job, gf!!

i hope your weekend is a sweet one!!
xoxo
maria <3