Sunday, January 1, 2012

Recap of 2011

Happy New Years! I am so ready for the new year, I feel like 2011 was the most stressful year for me yet. This new year can only be better. I have my resolution/goal list but before I share that I thought it would be good to do a recap. So let's see 2011...

January
+ started with finding out days after New Years that I was pregnant! After the initial shock and panic this was a good thing. ( we weren't preventing but not 100% sure we were ready)
+ next came a move from our tiny apartment to our 3 story townhouse. Yay for more room!

February
- at 9 weeks found out we had a missed miscarriage
- a week later my body finally tried to miscarry only to have me hemorrhage and have an emergency d&c, narrowly escaping a blood transfusion.
+ I started my first ever blog after discovering others had done the same to deal with loss

March, April, May, June
* These months all sort of blended together for me
- I was struggling to cope with our loss, depression had crept in, anger and jealousy towards anyone happy were also present emotions.
- my relationships with friends, family and my husband were all damaged because of my inability to cope.
- I got let go from my job in early April because of senior co workers dislike of me and my unwillingness to to kiss her ass.
+ because of their being no real reason to terminate me I got a pretty sweet lay off payout
+/- in June I started working again for a previous employer, not ideal but it was a paycheck.

July
+ BFP
- spotting pregnancy scare
+ healthy heartbeat at dating ultrasound found out EDD March 11, 2012

August, September
+ Incubus concert with Hubby (our fave band)
-/+ pregnancy was "outed" at cousins wedding
+ made it into the 2nd trimester
- my parents reveal they are on the verge of splitting

October
+ Hubby and I survive the first year of marriage. Celebrate 1 year married, 8 years together
+ found out were having a boy!
+ started my new blog

November
Nothing terribly exciting or bad happened that I can think of

December
- emergency visit to the vet for the dog $$$
- minor car accident
+ babies are born for cousin and friend
- and December 31st to end the year with a bang I slipped on ice and fell smoking my head of the pavement.

Looking at it all it doesn't feel as bad, however in-between it all there has been lots of stress with fighting with hubby, family, pregnancy hormones etc.
Good riddance 2011







1 comment:

Maria said...

happy 2012 to you, the mr and baby!!
it is going to be full of blessings <3
i hope that the first week has been treating you well and you've been getting rest, pretty mama!!
xoxoxo
maria <3