Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Rainy Day play

Have I mentioned that I hate Tuesdays? For some reason it is just the worst day of the week for me. 

Days like today have the potential to be major meltdown (mommy and kiddos) days; it's Tuesday AND it's a gloomy rainy day. 

We started out rough but quickly turned into tons of fun cutting up and taping cardboard boxes. We have tons of boxes, especially the huggies wipes boxes from Costco. 


They are the perfect size for making a little cardboard car for a seven month old and toddler :) 


Ty was loving it. This kid is always happy but he was ecstatic in that box. 


We also had a large box from Mav's new car seat. Last month we bought the same one for my car (and love it so we bought another) and I really wanted to do something fun with the box but hubby tossed it. This time I remembered to tell him my plans and turned it into a little house. 

 
Testing it out before I made the roof :)


It was such a fun morning! I didn't even need to resort to Pinterest for any more fun ideas the boxes have lasted us all day. Even after nap they were still fun! 

So potential crisis averted and we survived a Tuesday. The sun even came out and we walked to get the mail and played outside a bit before the storm came. 

They are calling for more rain this week so wish us luck! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! My little boy loves playing with empty boxes too :D We've had gloomy, rainy weather yesterday and today as well. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!