Monday, October 10, 2011

Miscellaneous Mondays

I wanted to do a random post with random thoughts and events that had occurred; however I could not decide what day to do it, if I was even going to stay consistent with that day etc etc.

So I have decided on doing a Miscellaneous Monday post. We will have to see if this continues every Monday or just every couple Mondays.

So here we go:

~ First off Happy Turkey Loving Day (a.k.a Thanksgiving)!! Cause of course we Canadian's are crazy and celebrate this holiday before Halloween *gasp* lol. Recently on the msg boards for my baby bump app a bunch of American's let loose on how they felt about us celebrating this holiday early. Whats the big deal? I get turkey this weekend, you get it next month? meh. whatever floats your boat. I actually know a few Canadian's that take advantage and celebrate next month too hehehe sneaky devils. 

~  I felt my very first two distinct "jabs" in my belly last Wednesday evening. I wasn't 100% positive at first but they were two high up to be gas and when I had my prenatal the heartbeat was detected in the same area. We could also hear lots of movement and more "jabs" :)

~  I am on the search for yummy vegetarian meals since my meat intake is very limited. At this point there has been some improvement as I can eat some bites of chicken and ground beef as long as its mixed with something. We'll have to see if this aversion completely goes away or not.
~  I can not get at any of my crafting supplies or desk because there is an old double bed propped up against that wall. Hubby and I upgraded a couple weeks ago to a king size and have yet to figure out how to get rid of the old bed. 

~  I've recently started a new job (again) this time doing travel to homes nursing. I get to use a lot more of my hands on clinical skills which I love; however I have taken yet again another pay cut. I'm hoping this works out and  I can bring in enough to not make us stress the next coming months. 

~  I am going to start exercising again ( I got clearance from my doctor) and weigh myself once a week... I gained 9lbs in 4 weeks apparently. You can't see it except how much my belly has popped out but this huge jump can not become a trend or else I will be a total fatty.*edit* I started this post early; I have now concluded that I have started to bloat already and today is totally a fat bloated day. Damn water retention.

~ My Parents have decided to try to work on things (for now), mainly because my step father could not move out since his mother has not been placed in a nursing home yet and my mom owns the house so she's not going anywhere.

~ Hubby and I took Daisy (our beagle) out for a 2 hour (wasnt supposed to be that long) nature walk/hike at a nearby conservation area today. The weather was beautiful and Daisy LOVED it! She had never been there before and her little hound nose was in overdrive so many smells and noises! I brought my camera and took pics, even got some of these little birdies eating from our hands :) I might share them later... but note above the fatty bloated day so maybe not lol. 

~ I am fairly certain that I am going to make a specific baby blog after all. I wasn't going to do it but this weekend Hubby's Aunt made a comment on how its too bad there wasn't websites where family could check in on the pregnancy and include a wishlist of needed items, preview of nursery etc. I kinda don't want to be handing out the url to this one still so we'll see what happens.

And that is all! Hope everyone had a great weekend :)



1 comment:

Maria said...

happy thanksgiving to you!! celebrating both months sounds like a plan to me!!
awww, yay for belly jabs!!! :)
i can't wait to see more pictures of your growing babe and bump!
congratulations on the new job!! and go you, walking for 2 hrs!
that picture made me laugh!!
i hope you're feeling well and your week is off to a great start!
thank you SO much for your sweet words on my last post. and thank you for all your support, always <3
xoxoxo
maria