Monday, October 31, 2011

Misc Monday

First of all is it really Monday already??
What happened to last week?! I seriously feel like I fell asleep and a week has past. Trying to think what I did but it hasn't been much...

~ I went to my first NHL game last night; watched Toronto play in Ottawa. They lost (of course) but it was still fun. I was a little surprised to see the stands at least 50% full of blue and white Toronto jerseys. Those Maple leaf fans are die hard. I will post a pic or two when I get them, my camera died so we took pics with friends cameras.

~ baby V has been moving like crazy the past 3 days, and I felt his first "outside" kick during the last 3 minutes of the game last night. I think all the loud cheering etc caused it he gave me a good little jab :) Hubby felt a light jab tonight too. He's getting stronger that's for sure.

~ work is going slow, some days I see only 2 hours worth of clients which sucks and i feel is pretty much a waste of my day. Both last week and this week tho I've got 2 shifts working in our clinic (our company does home nursing and runs a clinic) so that's a couple 8 hours days, plus my community hours. Better for my bank account.

~ I'm pretty much huge. Or at least feel like it, I'm noticing I can't move the same way I used too, getting in and out of the car feels slightly uncomfortable at times. This worries me, I am able to take a "sick leave" prior to my actual maternity leave for 15 weeks if needed. And as long as I have my required 600 hours for my maternity leave it won't affect me having a year off after baby V is born. but taking leave early means being on a smaller income for even longer. It could also mean more money monthly bc of my coordinator job last year but it's a stressful thing to consider right now. My friend works for service Canada and is going to come over so we can estimate numbers.

~ I gave my opinion on a article a friend posted on Facebook and I think this has caused some tension since my view does not match hers. Her view was also biased. I'm going to post the article for you this week along with my thoughts, despite the fact people may not agree with my thoughts I'm ok with that. I enjoy conflicting thoughts on these things. ;)

~ I'm slowly getting rid of stuff still, it's a slow process since I often don't have the energy after work. Im off again Thursday so hopefully I will acomplish more.

~ today is Halloween :) so happy Halloween everyone! It's our first year giving out candy, we had a few busy rushes and for the past 30 minutes nobody's came. Soon I will turn out that porch light and finish the candy myself :). No costumes or parties for us this year.

Hope everyone is having a safe and happy Halloween :)

1 comment:

Maria said...

happy halloween to you! lol, i'm sitting here housing some peanut m n m's and need to stop! cheers! :) yay for active baby v!!
so cute that your hubs could feel him too!
thank you so much for your sweet words on my last post. they got me teary eyed. i really am thankful for your support. you were one of my very first bloggy friends and it's been awesome to watch your journey. <3
i hope this week goes well and work picks up. i'm looking forward to reading your next post!!
lots of love
xoxo
maria