Friday, October 14, 2011

The itch has subsided

Did I tell you I was itchy?
Cause I was. Insanely itchy. Itching so bad there were moments when screaming at the tops of my lungs would quite possible have provided some relief.

And it was my whole body. Not just my belly or other areas you might expect to expand. MY WHOLE BODY.
My hands, my arms, my feet and legs. My back, my butt, my head and neck.

And of all the places to itch my belly itches the least. Go figure.

I told my doctor about it... Her response ... "oh that's normal" WTF kinda answer is that? That does not help me!

I did some research of my own (cause my own doctor has an accent and I didn't feel like having her repeat the reason), the extra blood flow combined with stretching skin cause itching during pregnancy. Since I did have some swelling in my hands I guess that answer will do. And thinking about it that may have been the proper translation for what the doctor told me too.

But as the title of this post says; the itching has subsided. i still itch at times but it's a more normal itch that is relieved by a quick scratch type of itch. Not too sure what changed, maybe it was just a phase, maybe my body adapted to the increased blood flow. Maybe it was my being a crazy mofo and soaking my body in bio oil and moisturizing lotion (alternating) multiple times a day.

Whatever it was its over (for now) thank god!

Since I have nothing else to tell you right now I'll leave you with this cartoon.

Have a good weekend! :)

1 comment:

Maria said...

AHHH!! I HATE BEING ITCHY!!! it's so hard not to scratch at everything! i'm so sorry, v!! i'm glad it let up on you and i really hope it doesn't come back! your cartoons are crackin me up!
hope you're feeling awesome and itch free!
LOTS OF LOVE
xoxoxo
maria <3