Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Milk and Cookies (Lactation cookies)

This kid



He's a major eating machine. He eats every 2-4 hours (usually 2), for anywhere from 15-45 minutes at a time. This is a MAJOR adjustment for myself. Mav only ate for 5-10 minutes at a time before he would have to stop and puke. I had a really fast flow and oversupply last time, I never once worried about my supply, breastfeeding was easy.

So here is yet another difference between these two kiddos of mine. I suppose this one is more me but I blame it on him ;) . Now that I am pumping once a day I can visually confirm my flow is not as fast. Perfect that may have contributed to the puking with Mav and so far Ty does not have that problem. In addition to being slower I often find myself questioning my quantity of supply. I constantly feel like I am drained, which makes sense considering how much he eats. I know supply is all about demand and believe me there is demand so we should not have any problems, I eat healthy, drink lots, not taking any medications etc. But I still worry.

So I make sure I eat my oatmeal every day and I also decided to make some lactation cookies :) They were pretty yummy. I had to share with Mav because he constantly caught me trying to sneak them lol. He thought they were pretty yummy too.

I was passed along this recipe here   from a friend, and I found this one here on Pinterest.
They are pretty similar but I went mostly by the first link since I have eaten those before when my friend made them.  I did add some extra oats into mine to bulk them up a little, and also I used raisons instead of chocolate chips.

They are all gone already so I think I will probably make another batch before we go away for the holidays. I pump once a day so that Ty can take a bottle with daddy each night, but I would like to start trying to freeze some and while the amount I get when I pump is slowly increasing (another difference, with Mav I could pump 5oz in 5 mins. Now it takes 20 min to get 3-4oz) I do not have the time with two little ones to pump more than once a day. It would be nice to go out lets say for a nice dinner with my husband in the new year kid free :) Hopefully we can get some pumping action going on and build a supply, if not then I will just enjoy some yummy cookies!

No comments: