Friday, December 27, 2013

Merry Christmas

We have been busy with all things Christmas lately so I am a little late but I hope everyone had a great Christmas! 
Also late at posting Ty's 1 month post and birth story. I had them typed up and they disappeared so I gave up for now. 

We ended up staying home this year instead of traveling to see hubby's family for their annual Boxing Day extravaganza due to the fact Mav broke his collar bone 2 days before Christmas! It's not really safe to put him in a car seat right now, probably would not be comfortable even if we could make it safe. So we will be making the trip to see family once we see the ortho doctor and his sling is removed.

Last year we decided that we would be sleeping in our own beds from now on at Christmas so we of course had no problems keeping those plans. We did spend a couple hours with Hubby's aunt and uncle and cousins Christmas Eve and then home to wait for Santa. Christmas Day was low key which we love. We woke up (kids slept in until 8!) opened presents casually over the next two hours and had some breakfast. Mav was pretty excited about his new kitchen and it was a bit of a struggle to get him to acknowledge his other gifts lol that is why we barely got him anything this year. ;) of course once everything was opened and out in view he spent the rest of the day alternating playing with everything but always coming back to the play kitchen. Seriously best $20 I ever spent I love kijiji. 

My mom, brother and one of my step sisters joined us for more gifts and turkey dinner, I think at the end of the day I was laying in bed by 8:30 at the latest. 

Next up is New Years. I can't see us doing anything other than sitting on our couch this year. Lack of baby sitters, breastfeeding newborn baby, and laziness. Hubby is on holidays until the 6th so we are just spending time at home, hopefully I can get some things knocked off my to do list before he goes back. 

I hope to redo those missing posts (seriously blogger wth?) before the new year but no promises from me as I am trying to just relax and enjoy family time. 

Peace and Love 
<3

No comments: