Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I knew it

I knew it. I had a feeling. 

Last week I drank this guy and had some blood taken 


Well today my family doctor informed me I failed. Not by a lot but enough that I now have to cut out all sweets and make sure to follow a diabetic diet. 

I see my OB for the first time next week so we will have to see what he says about the results. There's a good chance I will be doing the 2-3hour test. Hopefully I can just stay diet controlled.

I wish I could say I am optimistic I would pass the next test but I'm not. I was having a good morning the day I tested. Just the day before I spent about 20 minutes laying on my living room floor because I felt so dizzy while trying to get Mav and I ready to go out. That happens a lot the past couple months... Being a nurse I know enough about diabetes to know that the way I've been feeling is most likely from my blood sugar fluctuating. 

I love sweets. And so does hubby which is going to make this even harder. But I guess we will just have to wait until next week and see what the new dr says. 

I really could go for a big bowl of ice cream right now... 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no! I'm sorry V! I hope you are able to control it with diet. I know it will be hard especially having a sweet tooth, but the end result is so worth it.

Britt said...

Oh man.. Gestational Diabetes is not fun.. I've been there. But you can make it through. The diet really isn't that bad if you like peanut butter and low sugar jelly (which is basically what I ate the last half of my pregnancy) I was able to keep my levels controlled with diet and mild exercise. I know that doesn't happen in all cases, but I'm hoping you'll be one of the lucky ones!

Maria said...

i'm so sorry, v!! it's so frustrating! i failed the first test...i had a feeling i would too. i will be thinking about you - catching up on your posts and looking forward to it! :)
xoxoox