Saturday, September 28, 2013

Apples, Pumpkins and a Corn maze

I love Fall. Capital L O V E it. 

Hands down my favourite season. 
I love the sunny weather with the cool crisp breeze and the way the air smells. 
I love the colours of the leaves and how gorgeous everything looks. 
And the food. Fall means soups and hot meals and of course thanksgiving. 
I pretty much love everything about the season. 

I hope my kiddos grow up to love it as much as I do :) 

Today Hubby and I took Mav for our first little family fall adventure. Being parents is great for reliving all those fun things you did as a kid. I honestly can't remember the last time I went apple picking or picked a pumpkin straight from the patch. These are things I hope we make a yearly thing. We attempted to go to a pumpkin patch last year but they were closed when we got there and we improvised with a little photo session instead. This year was the real deal, tractor ride and all. 

 
Despite his facial expression Mav had a great time lol I think he was focused on something here. Practically impossible to get him to look right at the camera with so much else going on. 


We went back to the same farm we went berry picking at this summer. One of the main reasons we chose to return was for the tractor. Mav really loved it last time and I couldn't confirm any of the other orchards had one. 


We sat right up front to get the best view 


Apple picking was first on our agenda, Mav figured out what to do pretty quick and luckily the trees were nice and low to the ground :) 


Naturally he sampled some lol 


We picked out four pumpkins for our little family. Mav even helped pick and gather them. It was so cute watching him try to pick then up. You can barely see it but he's still holding onto his apple lol at one point he was holding his apple in his teeth attempting to pick up one of the larger pumpkins. 


After we picked our stash we waited for the tractor to come back and get us. Still working on that apple lol must have been good. 


We finished off by attempting the corn maze... It was tough! We made it out which I feel counts as a success .. Even if the way out we took was labelled emergency exit and not the exit we were supposed to find. By the time we found it I didn't care I had a toddler and husband both getting cranky! We probably won't attempt the maze again for a few years lol 

It was an exhausting afternoon, but tons if fun :) 

1 comment:

Maria said...

what a beautiful day with your family. these photos make me happy and put a smile on my face. m is adorable..i love his hat and i LOVE the photo of him biting the apple! what a sweet day. <3
i hope you get to relax and put your feet up this weekend, mama! xoxox
maria