Tuesday, November 4, 2014

It's almost time

Hard to believe Ty is almost a year already. This year has flown by, it truly feels faster than with Mav. I suppose I'm busier now and that makes the days fly (sometimes crawl)

Next week I return to work. I am extremely thankful for Canadian maternity leave; 52 weeks paid at 55% of your regular earnings. If your lucky enough to have an employer who tops you up even better. Me not so much. Only the 55% here. It makes living tight but we get by and soon we will be back to our regular income. 

I've felt ready to return for a few weeks now, but funny enough the closer it gets the less ready I am. I'm going to miss these days terribly. 

So good bye pajama days, play dates, and afternoon naps. 

Hello alarm clock, paychecks, make up and the outside world. 

Ty did and half day at daycare last week and has another on Thursday. I have no real worries for him aside from naps and generalized worry with food. 

Fingers crossed Mav adjusts well to having Ty join him at his safe place. Daycare has been his get away and I really hope he's ready to share. 

But first we have to plan the birthday party. This Saturday, a week early we are celebrating and so this week will be all about getting ready. So much to do, so little time. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh that was quick!!! I hope you and him transition well into your new routine! Xoxox

Britt said...

Wow! That really went fast! I can't believe he'll be one soon! And holy cow you are so lucky to get 52 weeks of maternity leave!!! Here in the states, we're lucky to get 6 weeks, and most times it's completely unpaid. Hmmm.. maybe we'll be moving north.. ;) Hope the party goes well!