Monday, August 20, 2012

Sitting like a champ

Well I think I can officially say MV can sit up unassisted!

For the past few weeks we've been practicing and he has been doing this half sit half lean forward thing but then all of a sudden last week he started to sit upright!

He's fairly steady most of the time, he will occasionally throw his body backwards so we have to keep pillows behind him (there have been a number of head bonks ... Opps)

Now that he's sitting he seems much more content playing independently which is a huge bonus for me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute!! I love when they reach these milestones; each milestone from here on out just get more and more fun!

Maria said...

Go MV!! That's awesome!
He (and his mama) has great style...love the teething necklace!
He does look so happy and content sitting there!
I hope you all have a sweet weekend!
Xoxox
Maria

Britt said...

Hooray! Go MV! Such a cute little guy, and he looks so proud of himself! :)

KC said...

Great job, MV! I can't wait until my boys can sit. I keep placing them up to sit and they push up to stand. They refuse to even practice. When one of them actually lets me place him in the sitting position he can sit for a minute or two (although leaning very far forward) but then he lunges forward :( I guess I have to be patient. This premie thing is hard because I worry about how quickly they are reaching milestones.
Anyways, enjoy the sitting stage, I can imagine that it gets a lot busier when they can stand, crawl and walk.
He is such a sweetheart!!!